Award-winning Tourniquet Technology for 100% blood flow occlusion
The MATResponder tourniquet can provide 100% blood flow occlusion in 30 seconds, and is designed to be quickly applied in the field to all limbs with one hand, and features a mechanical ratchet system to provide safe compression in controlled increments.
MATResponder quickly works to stop moderate to severe extremity blood-loss, even to trapped limbs. When natural or man-made disasters occur and resources are tight, MATResponder can be applied quickly and efficiently, allowing you to asses other injuries or treat other patients.
MATResponder is a tourniquet that provides for emergency blood flow occlusion to the limbs. MATResponder was designed so that a casualty can apply it to themselves with one hand and with the distal portion of the extremity trapped or unexposed. These two capabilities are critical for self-rescue on the battlefield or in a disaster for a civilian emergency services first responder.
MATResponder is designed for first responders and Emergency Medical Services (EMS). MATResponder is based on the award-winning design of the MAT tourniquet, which was originally developed for the US Department of Defence.
Awards for MAT include: IDSA’s Gold Award for Best Medical Product Design of 2006, silver for Design of a Decade in 2010, and finalist for the 2007 INDEX Award for best medical product in the world.
- 100% blood flow occlusion in 30 seconds (as measured by Doppler, BP and Oximeter sensors).
- Safe compression. Can be applied in small, controlled increments and easily released.
- One hand application. Easy to use and learn for all levels of medical and non-medical personnel.
- Multi-purpose application to arms, legs and trapped limbs.
- Secure. Mechanical advantage tourniquet system ensures that MATResponder does not slip or loosen.
- Light weight, compact design.
- Durable. Operates in extreme conditions, such as mud, water and sand submersion, extreme cold, ice-encrustment and hard surface (concrete) impact.